Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
0- Kindergarten Writing Pacing and Resources
1st Grade Writing Pacing and Resources
2nd Grade Writing Pacing and Resources
3rd Grade Writing Pacing and Grammar Plans
4th Grade Writing Pacing and Grammar Plans
5th Grade Writing Pacing and Grammar Plans
6th Grade Writing Pacing and Grammar Plans
MAISA 6th-12th Argument Units
MAISA K-5th Opinion Unit Links
Secondary Writing Resources
Text set collections to support writing units
Add "All Pages"
Welcome to the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District's one-stop collaborative spot for Writing Unit work aligning to the Common Core State Standards.
1. Here is the link to the Common Core State Standards(CCSS) site:
and a link to an
that provides the big-picture of the CCSS at-a-glance.
2. Here is a link to the Common Core model writing units created through a collaborative effort of the 57 ISDs in Michigan through MAISA (Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators)
(scroll down to "ELA CCRS Materials")
3. 2010-11: Here is the link to the initial work shared at the Michigan Reading Association's Poster Session March, 2011 including links to local:
Research and Informative/Explanatory Unit
and a Second Grade Opinion Unit.
On the left choose "Professional Development" then from the drop down choose
MRA Poster Session. The Opinion Unit and the Research,Informative/Explanatory Unit are under K-3, the Grammar Units are under 4-8.
Here's a direct link the the newest Research,Informative/Explanatory Unit
4. Here is a direct link to the Research Unit from Oakland ISD
Oakland ISD Writing Units
5. Here's the link to the MAISD writing blog. On the right is a page with the Research and Report (original) unit as well as other resources.
MAISD Writing Blog
6. Here's a link to Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. They share units throughout the year as well as many other resources.
Teachers College Link
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"